- Planning & Community Development
- Sites & Locations
Sites & Locations
The Town of Bedford administers an Enterprise Zone defined by a geographic area comprised of commercial sites appropriate for both retail or industrial applications as well as the Bedford Center for Business. An updated listing of available commercial properties can be found in Commercial Property Listings.
Bedford Center for Business
- 100+ acres
- 12.47 KVA buried electric - Bedford Electric
- 15 inch sewer line
- 12 inch water supply (Bedford Regional Water Authority)
- 400 Gigabyte-per-second fiber optic broadband backbone
- 10 acre graded pad site prepared and available for light industrial use
- Rail service
- Central Virginia Community College satellite campus on-site
- Bedford County Economic Development (Featured Site) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Town of Bedford is centrally located in the mid-Atlantic region positioned on the eastern slopes of the Blue Ridge mountain range. Bedford’s location provides strategic advantages to local businesses.
- 66% of the nations population is located within a one day drive of Bedford.
- Bedford is serviced by a main rail line owned by Norfolk Southern Corporation that connects the agricultural Midwest, the industrial Great Lakes and the Allegheny coalfields with the Atlantic Coast shipping ports.
- Amtrak passes through Bedford daily with a connector bus to both Roanoke and Lynchburg stations. Bedford is actively soliciting for a future Bedford Amtrak station.
- Lynchburg Regional (LYH) and Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional (ROA) airports service Bedford providing direct flights to Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia and St. Petersburg.
- Bedford is positioned within daily commuting distance from both Roanoke and Lynchburg metropolitan areas.
- Interstate I-81 is a 25- minute drive from Bedford which is a major transportation route connecting 6 states from the Canadian border to Tennessee.
- US 29 is a 19 minute drive from Bedford providing a direct route south to the Tri-State area of North Carolina and Interstate I-85 and I-40.
- The Bedford Center for Business is located 10 miles from the Liberty University School of Engineering and Computational Sciences research campus.
- Central Virginia Community College satellite campus is located in the Bedford Center for Business. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>